Eligible Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) Items
Eligible MBS services are those provided to residents in Commonwealth-funded residential aged care facilities and Multipurpose Services.
Multipurpose Services are integrated health and aged care services that provide flexible and sustainable service options for small rural and remote communities.
Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) services that count towards the Quantifying Service Level include:
- attendances in residential aged care facilities
- contributions to care plans, and
- residential medication management reviews
The Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) items that count towards the Quantifying Service Levels are:
- Consultation at a residential aged care facility 20, 35, 43, 51, 92, 93, 95, 96, 188, 202, 212, 772, 789, 5010, 5028, 5049, 5067, 5260, 5263, 5265, 5267,
- Multidisciplinary care plan—residential aged care facility 232, 731,
- residential medication management review (RMMR)—residential aged care facility 249, 903
- Professional attendance at consulting rooms 741,
- Professional attendance other location 763.
Medicare item numbers are subject to change. Please also refer to MBS Online
for any updates.