The ELDAC helpline (1800 870 155) is a free service funded by the Australian Government Department of Health providing information on palliative care and advanced care planning. It is available to all health professionals, primary health networks caring for older Australians as well as the aged care workforce including:
- Nurses (RNs, ENs in all care settings)
- Care workers
- Allied health practitioners
The ELDAC helpline can support callers by guiding them through the resources available on the ELDAC website.
How does the helpline support callers?
We have knowledge of national and state-based organisations and systems relating to aged care, primary health and palliative care sectors which can help callers explore what type of support they might need. During the call, we collect information to allow us to provide the most relevant specialist palliative care and advance care planning information and details about services. Read our Privacy Statement for further details about how information will be used and disclosed.
Key features of the helpline
- Attended on weekdays from 9.00am-5.00pm (Australian Central Daylight/Standard Time) except for South Australian Public Holidays
- Free from any fixed line phone anywhere in Australia (Mobile call costs are determined by the service provider)
- You can leave us a message outside of business hours
- You can also email our team at ELDAC.Helpline@flinders.edu.au
- We can provide hyperlinks to resources via email
*Please note, we will refer clinical calls, and calls from the general public or from recipients of aged care services to more appropriate services.
You can download and print digital fact sheets directly from the resources page on the website.
Your feedback regarding the experience of calling the ELDAC helpline will help us to improve service and resource delivery. A short online survey sent after the call will collect this valuable feedback.