Greater Choice for At Home for Palliative Care
The Greater Choice for At Home Palliative Care is a Commonwealth funded measure coordinated through Primary Health Networks. It aims to:
- improve access to safe, quality palliative care at home and support palliative care systems and services in primary health care and community care,
- enable the right care, at the right time and in the right place to reduce unnecessary hospitalisations,
- generate and use data to ensure continuous improvement of services across sectors, and
- utilise available technologies to provide flexible and responsive care, including care after usual business hours.
The ten Primary Health Networks selected to take part in the trial are:
- Brisbane South,
- Central Queensland, Wide Bay and Sunshine Coast,
- Gold Coast,
- South Western Sydney,
- Western New South Wales,
- North Western Melbourne,
- Eastern Melbourne,
- Adelaide, and
- Country Western Australia.
This trial runs until June 2020.
Find further information at Greater Choice for At Home Palliative Care Measure—Frequently Asked Questions.